How do I reset my password?
If you forgot your AlphaTrader or MetaTrader 4 password for your Live account, please contact us with your email address and full name used to open account. A customer service representative will reset your password and send it to your email address within 24 hours.
If you forgot your password for your Demo account, you may refer to the email we sent you initially when you created the demo. If you are unable to locate that email, please register for a new demo account using the links below.
To reset your AlphaTrader password while logged into AlphaTrader Desktop:
- Log in to the AlphaTrader desktop platform.
- In the top menu, click “Help” -> “Change Password.”
- Fill out the information in the window and follow the prompts.
- A successful password reset confirmation prompt will appear and a password confirmation reset email will be sent from “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
MetaTrader 4 (MT4)
To reset your MetaTrader 4 password while logged into MetaTrader 4:
- Log in to the MT4 platform.
- In the top menu, click “Tools” -> “Options” -> “Server.”
- Click the “Change” button and a new window will appear.
- You’ll need to enter your current master password and your new password twice.
Important Note: All passwords need to be at least eight characters long and contain both letters and numbers.
Why can't I log into my demo account?
AlphaTrader Demo accounts don’t expire. If you receive the error message, “Incorrect username or password” and know your demo account log-in is correct, the best way to resolve this issue is to open a new AlphaTrader demo account using the link below.
MetaTrader 4 (MT4) Demo accounts automatically expire after sixty (60) days without any activity. If you receive the error message, “Incorrect username or password” and your demo account log-in is correct, then your demo account has expired. To open a new MetaTrader demo account, use the link provided below.
How do I resolve the error, "Incorrect username or password"?
If you receive the error message “Invalid username or password” when logging into your AlphaTrader or MetaTrader4 trading account, then the username or password entered is incorrect.
Please follow these steps to resolve your log-in issues:
- Delete the username and password from each field.
- Check your records to make sure the log-in and password are correct, then re-enter the username and password manually.
- Do not copy and paste to avoid unnecessary characters.
If you are still unable to log in after completing the steps above, then the easiest solution is to reset your password is to contact us with your email and full name. A customer service representative will reset your password and send it to your email address within 24 hours.